This butternut squash recipe was contributed by Gracie Gordon, creator of the Hungry Blonde food and wellness blog. She balances healthy living with a busy and indulgent life in New York City. This holiday season, Gracie is sharing some amazingly delicious and healthy holiday recipes to make this the best season yet. Find more recipes on the blog.
Whether you’re heading to a Friendsgiving or Thanksgiving gathering – or if you just want a seasonal meal to enjoy for dinner tonight – this Butternut Squash Quinoa Crunch Salad fits the bill. It’s the perfect combination of textures from the soft butternut squash to the crunchy Health Warrior Pumpkin Seed Bar crumbles. It’s also a great vegan and gluten-free dish that doesn’t skimp on those favorite Thanksgiving flavors. Upgrade your typical butternut quash recipe!
Get more healthy and tasty holiday recipes from Gracie on the blog!
- 3 cups butternut squash, cubed
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 Tbsp kosher salt
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup crushed pecans
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 1/2 Health Warrior Maple Sea Salt Pumpkin Seed Bar
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup olive oil (for dressing)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar (for dressing)
- 1 tsp honey (for dressing)
- 1 tsp dijon mustard (for dressing)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Toss butternut squash in olive oil and season with salt. Spread on baking sheet and roast for 20-25 minutes, flipping midway. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl combine butternut squash, quinoa, cranberries and pecans.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the dressing ingredients.
- Toss the arugula and dressing into the salad. Top with crumbled Health Warrior Pumpkin Seed Bar crumble and fresh thyme. Serve slightly warm or at room temperature.