Chocolate Chunk Protein Cookies
This amazing protein cookie recipe was created and contributed by Kaylie Booth, a registered dietitian and the creator of the healthy dessert blog, Healthy Hacks. Her mission is to make desserts as nutritious as they are delicious.
These protein cookies are packed with plant-based protein that will replenish and refuel your body while crushing your sweet tooth cravings with superfoods. Health Warrior’s Vanilla Superfood Protein Powder gives these cookies that distinct sweet, vanilla-y cookie flavor you expect, but with the added bonus of boosted protein content!
Oats add a chewiness and provide complex carbs for an energy boost.
When you make these peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chunk protein cookies, be sure to grab your biggest bowl to mix them up. The dough gets pretty thick when you’re combining all the ingredients, so you’ll need a lot of bowl space and a bit of arm strength (hey, that can count as part of your workout, right!?) to get everything combined.
These protein cookies are so easy to pack up and throw in your gym bag so your post workout snack is easily accessible. But, the dough also stores well in the fridge for a couple of days, so you could whip up the batter and bake them off whenever you want a fresh protein cookie with warm puddles of chocolate right out of the oven! Either way, after you taste these protein packed cookies you may never crave a regular cookie again.
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup Health Warrior Vanilla Superfood Protein Powder
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon - optional
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup chocolate chunks
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Farenheit and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, Health Warrior Superfood Protein Powder, oat flour, baking powder and soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the peanut butter, applesauce, and maple syrup. Add the peanut butter mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until everything is combined. Be sure to get down to the bottom of the bowl, too. Fold in the chocolate chips/chunks and peanuts.
- Scoop out 1/3 cup of cookie dough, roll it into a ball, and press it flat until it’s about ½” thick. Place the cookie on the prepared cookie sheet. Repeat until all the dough is used (you should get 12 cookies).
- Bake for 7-10 min. or until the edges are firm but the center is still soft.
- Allow the cookies to cool slightly on the tray for about 10 min. Then, transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling completely. They firm up more as they cool. Enjoy your Chocolate Chunk Protein Cookies right away or pack them up for a healthy, high protein snack later!