This delectable Protein Peppermint Bark recipe was created by created by Kaylie Booth of @healthyhacksrd.
Holiday peppermint bark is the perfect mix of creamy chocolate, crunchy peppermint bits, and any other delicious topping you can imagine. It’s usually loaded with sweets and sugar and not exactly your go-to healthy treat….until now.
This dark chocolate peppermint bark is packed with nutritious ingredients and loaded with health benefits. Dark chocolate (in moderation) can actually help prevent cancer and cardiovascular disease, promote brain and bone health, and is a good source of antioxidants! Read more about that here.
Mixed into this chocolate base is Health Warrior’s paleo and plant based chocolate Superfood Protein Powder. It’s made with simple, whole food ingredients that are not only packed with protein but tons of other essential nutrients like omega-3’s, healthy fats, and fiber.
The best part is you’d never even notice all these health benefits are mixed in to this holiday treat! The taste of the protein powder only enhances the chocolate-y base flavor. If you think about it, it’s basically like a double chocolate peppermint bark and the only thing better than chocolate is double the chocolate!
Plus, the toppings are totally customizable! I used chopped peppermints, cranberries, pistachios, almonds, and holiday colored sprinkles, but the options are endless! You really can’t mess this dark chocolate peppermint bark up! It’s fool proof, delicious, easy to make, requires no baking, and makes the perfect edible gift!
1 hour, 15 minutes
1 hour, 30 minutes
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 scoop Health Warrior Chocolate Superfood Protein Powder
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup mixed toppings of your choice (like peppermints, cranberries, pistachios, almonds, sprinkles)
- Line an 8x8” square pan with wax paper.
- Prepare your toppings of choice – break up the peppermints and chop any nuts or dried fruit to the size you’d like.
- In a double boiler over medium heat, add the coconut oil and protein powder to the heat proof bowl. Stir together until the coconut oil is melted and the protein powder is fully incorporated.
- Add the chocolate chips (or chopped bar) to the bowl and stir until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the chocolate mix into the prepared pan and spread it out evenly.
- Sprinkle the toppings onto the chocolate mix and tap the pan on the counter a few times to settle everything.
- Place the bark in the fridge for about an hour to firm up.
- Remove the bark from the pan and chop into square or break into pieces and enjoy!