One of our favorite healthy dessert ideas comes from Gracie Gordon of @hungry.blonde.
The end of the year is packed with parties, indulgences, and so many meals. Enjoying some healthy dessert ideas will keep you satisfied, celebrating, and on track! Enter: this decadent, peanut butter chocolate fudge sundae with caramelized bananas. Your tastebuds won’t believe that it’s vegan, dairy-free, soy-free, gluten-free, low in sugar and packed with protein! Recipe is for a single-serve sundae, but can easily be doubled.
- 1 Health Warrior Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Protein Mug Muffin
- 1 medium banana, sliced
- 1/2 cup dairy-free ice cream (vanilla or peanut butter swirl)
- 1/4 cup dairy-free whipped topping
- 2 tbsp dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp + 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- toppings of your choice
- Prepare the Protein Mug Muffin as directed on package. Set aside to cool.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl combine the chocolate chips and 1 tsp coconut oil. Microwave for 30-45 seconds and stir until smooth consistency. Set aside.
- In a nonstick pan cook the banana in 1 tbsp coconut oil on medium-low heat, until brown and caramelized on the outside (about 2 minutes per side).
- Assemble the sundae by first transferring muffin to a bowl, top with ice cream, bananas, chocolate fudge, whipped topping and sprinkles.