This recipe was created by Gracie Gordon of Hungry Blonde. Find more of her recipes here!
Whether it’s a special occasion or just a good excuse to get out of bed in the morning, sometimes you need a nice big bowl of dessert-for-breakfast, you know? Oh yeah, throw in some plant-based protein too! This recipe for Blueberry Muffin Oatmeal is filling and decadent, but also happens to pack in healthy ingredients for a bump in fiber, healthy fats, antioxidants and protein thanks to the addition of a Health Warrior Protein Mug Muffin. It’s also gluten-free and vegan!
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup dairy-free milk
- 1/3 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 Health Warrior Blueberry Protein Mug Muffin
- 3 Tbsp coconut cream, refrigerated overnight
- 2 Tbsp crushed cashews
- Prepare the Health Warrior Protein Mug Muffin as directed. Set aside.
- In a small stovetop pot cook the oats in milk on medium heat, stirring frequently, until reached desired consistency (about 5 minutes). Set aside.
- Scoop the coconut cream from can (will have solidified from refrigeration) and use a hand mixer to whip until fluffy.
- Microwave blueberries for 30-60 seconds.
- Assemble everything in bowl with base of oatmeal topped with the muffin, blueberries, dollop of coconut whipped cream and sprinkle of the crushed cashews.