Protein Donuts, aka Pronuts
As a brand, we’ve been all about Bars since we were created. While we love our Chia Bars and our Pumpkin Seed Bars, sharing our new Superfood Protein Powder with our warriors has opened a whole new world of healthy possibilities! Today we’re baking with our Protein Powder to fuel up in a new, tasty way!
Protein donuts, also known as pronuts, are simply a donut made with protein powder. Instead of using flour and sugar, we use protein powder as a base. Use Health Warrior’s Superfood Protein Powder and you’ll get plant-based protein, pre and probiotics, and none of the added sugar, stevia, dairy, or pea protein you don’t need!
Shop our new Superfood Protein Powder!
About 6 donuts
- 1/2 cup Health Warrior Superfood Protein Powder - Chocolate or Vanilla
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup Wild Friend's Peanut Cashew Super Butter
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 dark chocolate bar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine dry ingredients - protein, salt, baking soda. Stir in applesauce, nut butter, maple syrup until completely mixed. Use mixer if needed.
- Oil donut pan with olive oil. Pour mixture into ziplock bag and cut off corner to easily pour into donut pan. Based on your pan, donuts may rise over lip. Fill halfway up.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes. Test with toothpick. When toothpick comes out clean, they're done.
- Transfer donuts onto plate by carefully flipping donut pan and drizzle with melted dark chocolate bar as desired.